Behind-the-scenes of my comprehensive website design process
Imagine a world…
Where you bust through your package pricing plateau, double your rates, and have a waitlist of eager beaver clients so that you can finally step off the hamster wheel of hustle. (Apparently cute + chubby critters populate my imagination ––as does the film trailer voice-over guy).
THAT world IS possible and it’s only about 30-days on the other side of working with me in my 1:1 signature service offering (and the first truly comprehensive website package) The WWW™.
What it is:
The WWW™ is an 8 week complete website package composed of 3 parts:
The WiseUp: Strategy PLUS research.
The Words: Conversion-focused website copy.
The Websight: Complete website (re)design.
And, if you need a refresher on what's included, pop over here.
So, what’s the PROCESS like of working together?
What actually happens, after I submit an application?
That’s what I’m here to tell you, so there’s no lingering doubt in your mind about whether or not this is right for you.
There are 6 phases. Here’s how it works:
Phase 1: Discovery
1. You go to the sales page, click any of the big buttons on the page, and fill out a brief project application.
2. I reach out and invite you to a private 30-minute call to learn more about your project goals and decide if we’re a good fit. This is not a sales call and I will not pitch you.
3. After the call, if things look good, I’ll follow-up with a contract and invoice for the project deposit. Signing the contract and paying the deposit will officially secure your spot in my client list and we’ll have a set date for your project to begin.
Phase 2: Pre-Work
1. We start off by getting on the same page about the project logistics. I’ll send you a welcome guide, and invite you to Asana where you’ll be able to see that status of your project and any to-dos that are assigned to you.
2. We’ll also use a shared Google Drive Folder where you can upload any existing assets you have to use on your website.
3. I’ll have you take a “before” snapshot of your data ––whatever numbers we’re tracking for this project. So, if you want to increase the # of email subscribers, take a snap of your current list size. If you want to improve your Google Analytics, take a screenshot of that data for the past 30-days.
4. Lastly, in the pre-work, I’ll have you fill out The WiseUp Questionnaire, which will provide me with the insights I need to deep-dive on your brand strategy.
Phase 3: The Wise-Up™ - aka your standout brand strategy (week 1):
1. Our project officially begins with our project kickoff call via Zoom. I may ask you to clarify or elaborate more on some of your questionnaire responses and we’ll come to an agreement on the direction that you want to take with your brand.
2. Then I’ll go to work on doing an audit of 3 of your peers in the market and do a competitive analysis, looking at how we can differentiate your brand.
3. I’ll also do some “undercover” client research in 3-5 unique places or platforms where your audience is hanging out online. This is absolutely essential to the copywriting phase coming next.
4. Finally, this phase ends with your Brand “Contrast” Statement, which is 1-2 lines about what you do, who you serve, and how you’re different. It will guide our brand strategy.
Phase 4: The Words - aka your website copy (weeks 2-4)
1. You start with The Words Questionnaire, which will dive more into your brand message and the voice we’ll use for your copy.
2. We’ll have our second project call to make sure we’re on the same page when it comes to your website voice + tone.
3. I’ll use your responses, my research, and pull from your existing website and social media copy to create a first draft of your 5 primary website pages.
4. You’ll review and provide comments directly in the Google Doc.
5. Following your feedback, I’ll revise and rewrite to create a polished second draft.
6. You will then do the final copyedit to make sure that the words are in YOUR brand voice.
Phase 5: The Websight™ - aka your standout website (weeks 4 - 8)
1. You’ve got one final questionnaire for The Websight.
2. Keeping in mind your brand strategy and your responses from the questionnaire, I’ll curate a moodboard to represent the aesthetic direction of your brand.
3. We’ll have our third project call to review the visual direction and make sure we’re on the same page.
4. Then I’ll use the moodboard to curate a color palette, select a font pair, and define the style of any photos or graphics.
5. Next, if needed, I’ll design a typographic “wordmark” logo for you and you’ll get 2 rounds of revisions.
6. Once we’ve established those basic brand visuals, I’ll go to work on the page designs.
7. I’ll curate and edit photos, as needed, to add to and enhance the design.
8. You’ll have 2 rounds of revision requests, again, and then I’ll develop your functioning website.
9. I’ll add in any third-party integrations you need (like your email service provider, scheduler, and payment processor).
10. Then we’ll test everything and launch it!
Phase 6: The Wrap-Up
1. After you’ve paid any remaining balance due, we’ll meet for our 4th (and final) project call, where I cover everything you’ll need to know about maintaining or updating your website.
2. I’ll send you the video recording to keep for your reference AND you’ll have unlimited access to me for 4 weeks if any questions pop-up.
3. Lastly, I’ll ask for an “after” snapshot of your data so we can compare the numbers and see the tangible results of our time together
Now that you know HOW it works, WHO is The WWW™ Perfect for?
This is for women creative entrepreneurs that work with clients. Who have been in business for more than 1 year OR have worked with at least 6 clients (and are clear on your offerings).
You understand that a website is an investment in your business and that a well-crafted website is essential to a successful + sustainable online business.
You value strategic messaging and user-friendliness over trendy designs.
You don’t want a templated site or a site that looks like all the others in your niche.
You’re not interested in hand-holding someone through the process, you want to invest in an expert that knows her stuff and works well independently.
You’re committed to creating a standout website for your brand and you know that through a collaborative effort, we’ll create something greater than the sum of its parts.
TAKE ACTION → Click that button to secure your spot and achieve your standout website.